Thursday, June 19, 2008

{ Thursday }

This summer I started a 'journal' of sorts - just pasting and cutting and gluing thoughts together. Here is one of the pages, complete with a favorite quote form The Great Gatsby movie (starring Mia Farrow). It was inspired by the book I mentioned a few posts back, Journal Revolution.

One of the things that has really helped me is that I got a girlfriend to go along and try it with me. Then we periodically meet and share some thoughts and ideas. It's really helped me get over the stumbling block of 'working on it later'. I mean, hey! She's gonna wantta see something, you know? It's great to have an art friend!

I got this treat in the mail today. I had put my order in months ago, preparing for the release date. It does not disappoint! It's full of great ideas. And, oh, yeah - still in love with my circle punch! I even went back and got the next size bigger...

Haven't gotten this one yet?? Run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore. I think it's one of the best ones yet!
This weekend Hubby and the kids are camping. I am going to miss them so much, but am determined to get some crafting and junking done! I'll be sure to share my finds! Have a great weekend ~

No comments: