Saturday, May 15, 2010

It worked! Plus, a free Art and Soul ticket...

Eureka! Browsing the internet this week for some aged vintage millinery for a project. My issue: it can be hard to use those lovelies once you get them...they are one of a kind and so beautiful. So, I went to the craft store and got some super-cheese stark white ones and soaked them in tea. I was a little afraid the hot water would make them come unglued, but...wha-laa! I love them. And they were inexpensive!
Last weekend, the family indulged me on a trip out to my favortie antique mall. Came back with some lovely things for projects. I know, these days I have been collecting more than crafting. But I am slowly working!
It looks like I will not be able to make it to Art and Soul (sigh). I have a ticket for the journal session on Thursday, 5/20. If you live near Hampton Virginia (or if you don't!) and you'd like my ticket, please email me. (Listensister@hotmail.com) I'm determined to get to an art retreat one of these days...Maybe I will see you there!

2 comments:

Linda Jo said...

Love the tea dyed blooms! Brilliant idea! I am sorry you will miss your class. Wish I lived closer..I would take you up on the offer! Art & Soul sounds so wonderful.

Dena said...

So cute! I love the Dick and Jane idea :)

Hugs,
Dena