Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day ~

Today I like to reflect on the woman who is to me the most inspirational of mothers.

I think how blessed I am to have been given the opportunity to
be a mother, and for all the responsibility and joy that role involves.



Here is a poem entitled When Mother Sleeps by Edgar Guest



When mother sleeps, a slamming door


Disturbs her not at all;


A man might walk across the floor


Or wander through the hall


A pistol shot outside would not


Drive slumber from her eyes-


But she is always on the spot


The moment baby cries.


The thunder crash she would not hear,


Nor shouting in the street;


A barking dog, however near,


Of sleep can never cheat


Dear mother, but I've noticed this


To my profound surprise;


That always wide-awake she is


The moment baby cries.




However weary she may be,


Though wrapped in slumber deep,


Somehow it always seems to me


Her vigil she will keep.


Sound sleeper that she is, I take


It in her heart there lies


A love that causes her to wake


The moment baby cries.





Happy Mother's Day...




No comments: