Thursday, March 27, 2008

Happy Thursday

Hello, everyone. I took this picture after we were finished eating on Easter Sunday. I admit that I am no chef, but I do love to set the table! This little nest was too cute. I found it at an antique mall.I had also found this old picture several weeks ago. Part of why I loved it was because it had a note on the back - 'Gladys, before marriage.' I thought it was rather poignant...didn't we all look better 'before marriage?' I found a few other pictures of Gladys, after marriage, with a gorgeous baby. Looking rather, well, tired. Here she is after I worked on her with some colored pencils.


A little better, huh? Tomorrow morning we leave for New York City for a few days. You know what's on the top of my to-do list for Saturday morning, of course. Dragging the family to the huge flea market in Hell's Kitchen, and the Garage. Can't wait!
Have a great weekend ---

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Glady's is lovely. I know I've seen better days than now with 2 small children! HA! Have fun in New York.
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh you are so right - we all looked better 'before marriage'
Alison

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.