Sunday, November 23, 2008

~ Sunday ~

Of course, I left my post at the Antique Show and Sale to browse around abit, and found more of what I don't need...Nany Drew Books and other vintage mysteries. I even bought a few of the Cherry Ames nurse series - man, that girl could really get around!


I love the picture on the old 'Dana Girl 'covers.


And of course, who can resist a mysterious telephone call?



Still trying to figure out what exactly to do with this couple. They look nothing like me, or my family, I should note. But seeing them in the shop over the summer....well, I couldn't resist. I love her bouquet! Any of youflower buffs know what kind of flowers those are??

As I have said before, when I am determined to find some inspiration I always do, and usually in the strangest places. In church this morning, I pulled a program from a funeral yesterday. It was beautifully done, with a sweet note from the family inside. This picture was on the back. The woman is the one whose life was being remembered. The large sign in the back denotes a ski school, and the caption at the botton says, "See you at the top". I love it!
Have a great week and a wonderful holiday.
Rest and be thankful.

3 comments:

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I really love that funeral program image. So touching.

Linda Jo said...

Great books...I loved Cherry Ames. I don't know what those flowers are...look like giant mums. Happy Thanksgiving!

Dena said...

Love those books!!! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving :)

Hugs,
Dena