Sunday, February 14, 2010

~The One Where She Wears a Hat to Church~

I will confess right now that I have always had a bit of a love~hate relationship with the holiday of Valentine's Day. So I try and make it one that I have brought my own meaning to, in my own way. Today, I wore a hat to church. I love this vintage-inspired hat that I found, and I decided I was the kind of girl who would wear that hat to church. I finished my crafting project (remember the cards and the candy bars?) and I was able to use our days of snow to enjoy a little more time with some beautiful things. I found this ring while I was out poking around yesterday. Lovely and simple.
My daughter's play has been postponed for two weekends now due to the weather. I wanted to make her something special for both performances. I made these nosegays, and I love how they turned out. Now, I just have to hide them from her prying eyes...and remember for next weekend where I put them!




Over the weekend, I set aside some time to read the new issue of Artful Blogging. I love looking through all the delicious pages of that magazine! I always read it when I have timeo soak it all up. I think one of the things I enjoy about it most is that other women talk about their relief at finding friends who 'get' the same things that they like, and the ability to find an entire virtual world of enless inspiration. I couldn't agree more ~


~Happy Valentine's Day, Friend ~









3 comments:

rochambeau said...

Happy Valentine's Day Sarah!
xox
Constance

Unknown said...

G'morn, Sarah ~ Love the hat idea ... not seen much in church any longer.
I bet your daughter is thrilled ...

Happy Valentine's
Have a lovely day ~
Hugs, Marydon

Kim said...

How I wish that hats were still commonly worn! You should show us a pic of yours!