Saturday, August 25, 2007

T.G.I.S.


Well thank God it's Saturday is all I have to say! Whew, what a week! Luckily, I was able to get a jump start on my Saturday chores on Thursday and Friday nights, which left me with a teeny, tiny bit of extra time to check into one of my favorite antique malls. Of course, I'm glad I did!




I found this adorable baby doll that just had to come home with me. Even though her dress is a little more orange than I would really like, I thought she was too cute...and...a little abused. Aren't we all?


I found some more cute plates (like I need any more of those) more doilies (ditto!) but the most interesting thing of all was a vintage scrapbook that someone had kept for quite some time! More pics of that tomorrow - promise!

This particular antique mall is out by my mom's. We swung by there on my way to drop the kids off for a 'spend the night' with their little cousin; first time ever for the three of them. As I was pulling up the driveway I thought of this poem, and how we all (no matter what age) need to know that someone is waiting for us. Someone misses us. Whether it's a parent, a spouse, a lover, a child.

Waiting

by Raymond Carver

Left off the highway and

down the hill. At the

bottom, hang another left.

Keep bearing left. The road

will make a Y. Left again.

There's a creek on the left.

Keep going. Just before

the road ends, there'll be

another road. Take it

and no other. Otherwise,

your life will be ruined

forever. There's a log house

with a shake roof, on the left.

It's not that house. It's

the next house, just over

the rise. The house

where trees are laden with

fruit. whre phlox, forsythia

and marigold grow. It's

the house where the woman

stands in the doorway

wearing sun in her hair. The one

who's been waiting

all this time.

The woman who loves you.

The one who can say,

"What's kept you?"

2 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Just love the doll - great colour. What fun and happy memories the children will be making spending time together.
Alison

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Love the doll, love the poem - gave me deja vu bumps.
Found you through another's blog and well, you know how that goes. lovely site, I will be back. I am really going to have to try scrapping. You gals seem to have loads of fun.
Blessings to you
Blondie